Funding for study of Mandarin Chinese at NTNU
Taiwan Huayu Bilingual Exchanges of Selected Talent Program (BEST)
Long-Term Study Scholarship
at Mandarin Training Center (MTC)
National Taiwan Normal University
Current students from University of California, Los Angeles
(** nomination required **)
4 students for long-term study (one semester or one academic year)
You will study at National Taiwan Normal University as a visiting student. Scholarship recipients will be awarded TWD 100,000 (about US $3,600) scholarship per semester. The scholarship awardees are required to participate in “NTNU Hand-in-Hand International Companion Program,” a service learning program (detailed information is specified in VIII).
IV. Application Period
- Spring semester: Sep. 1-Oct. 31 (of previous year)
- Fall semester: Mar. 1-Apr. 30
V. Application Website
VI. Required Application Documents
- Application Form
- Study Plan (approx. 800 to 1000 words, for undergraduates and graduates)
- Research Plan (approx. 800 to 1000 words, for graduates only)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official Academic Transcript
- Enrollment Certificate (issued within 3 months)
- Photocopy of Applicant's Passport
- Admission Fee US $110 (provide original or copied remittance slip)
NTNU Account Information:
Beneficiary: National Taiwan Normal University 402U account
Beneficiary Account Number: 185331000005
Beneficiary with Bank: CHINA TRUST COMMERCIAL BANK JHONG-SIAO BRANCH
Beneficiary Bank Address: 1F., No.71, Sec.4, Jhong-siao E.Rd., Da-an District, Taipei City 106, Taiwan (R. O. C.)
Swift Code: CTCBTWTP
(** All documents must be in either English or Chinese **)
VII. Application Procedure
- Apply for a login account and password at the application website, then applicants will receive them from the system.
- Log into the application website with the provided account and password, then fill out online application form.
- Save the application form in PDF format, and send all the required documents (in softcopies) via e-mail to the NTNU coordinator before deadline.
VIII. NTNU Hand-in-Hand International Companion Program
Provide an opportunity for international students to understand the essence of Taiwan from various angles and perspectives, by means of interaction, cultural exchange, and being study companions with elementary/middle school students from remote areas located in New Taipei City, Taiwan.
- LANGUAGE: English
- COURSE HOURS: 36
- COURSE DESCRIPTIONS:
(1) Course Orientation (1 hour)-lecture by instructors from host school.
(2) Teaching Assistance Training (7 hours)-attend training courses for being a Teaching Assistant (TA), including class situations, teaching strategies and techniques, making supporting materials, etc.
(3) Field Teaching (24 hours)-visit the host school in person 4 hours each time, once a week, for 6 weeks in total.
(4) Presentation (4 hours)-share thoughts and feedback after participating the Program.
- SUBSIDY: transportation fee (between NTNU to host school)
IX. Contact Information