Skip Navigation

Communication Studies Majors

Information for Communication Studies Majors considering EAP.

Where to go

There are many countries to choose from! In the past five years, UCLA students have taken communications courses at the following universities, though the possibilities don’t stop here:

  • Australia
  • Barbados
  • Canada
  • China
  • Costa Rica
  • Denmark
  • Egypt
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ghana
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • India
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Mexico
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Sweden
  • Thailand
  • United Kingdom
  • Vietnam

The UC Education Abroad Program offers three special features to help you choose the right program.

  • The Program Wizard can help you find possible programs of interest.
  • The Coursefinder database includes descriptions of all courses taken by UC students while on EAP programs. Please note that it does not include all courses offered by the host university, only those that have been taken and submitted for approval by UC students.
  • An up-to-date list of pre-approved EAP courses will soon be available.

What classes to take

All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your major has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major/minor requirements.

Courses are approved on a case by case basis. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward a major or minor. Students can often make changes to their study plan once they arrive in their country of choice, but should consult with the undergraduate staff advisor by e-mail first.

Communication Studies Department Contacts

Christy Bliss
Student Affairs Officer
Office: 2303 Rolfe Hall
Telephone: (310) 206-8446
Department website

To print this page, select "Print" from the File menu of your browser.