Second International Conference on Heritage/Community Languages
March 7-8, 2014
Covel Commons @ UCLA
Call for Submissions
Proposal Submission Deadline: September 30th, 2013
Our conference will focus on heritage/community language studies as a multidisciplinary field. We seek submissions from disciplines including but not limited to anthropology, demographics, linguistics, sociology, applied linguistics, policy, psychology, bilingualism, education, and assessment.
You are invited to submit a proposal for a poster, a paper, or a panel. (A panel submission can accommodate up to four individual papers under a common theme.)
Proposal submission is a 2-step process:
1) Please file your proposal for a poster, a paper, or a panel, here. Before submitting, you will be required to register and create a password, and then can log in to the system to submit your proposal.
2) In addition, to facilitate review and program organization, please complete an information form here.
(Please make sure to complete both these steps. Proposals will go out for external review, and our database capacity does not allow us to have a single submission site that can simultaneously process submissions, reviews, and program organization.)
Registration will open in November, 2013. Registration fees are as follows:
- Early registration (from opening through February 7, 2014): $225 for registrants; $125 for graduate students
- Registration after February 7: $275; $150 for graduate students
- $75 for a pre-conference workshop on Thursday, March 6, from 4-7 p.m.: “Attending to the Needs of Heritage Language Learners in Mixed Classrooms.” Workshop registration will be available on the main conference registration site.