UCLA provides housing, airfare, living expenses, and class fees for students in Latin America to take course on Korean humanities that are not offered in their countries.
Maria Agostina Cacault, Argentina
- Researcher at Center of Korean Studies, University of La Plata (UNLP), La Plata, Argentina
- Master degree in International Relations with orientations in Asia-Pacific at Institute of International Relations (IRI)-University of La Plata (UNLP)
- Undergraduate in Political Science and International Relations.
- Interests: the late period of Choson Dinasty, especifically Tonghak movement and the Kabo Reform; the economy process of integration.
Andres Weskamp, Argentina
- Member of the Asian Studies Center at the National University of Rosario, Argentina
- Bachelor degree in International Relations, National University of Rosario, Argentina
- Master degree in International Studies, University of Chile, Chile
- Interests: Foreign trade between South Korea and Latin America, especially Argentina and Chile; History of the Korean peninsula, especially the 20th and 21st Centuries
Priscila Helena Lee, Brazil
- Graduate Student at University of Sao Paulo
- Research Interest: South Korean enterprises development into a worldwide companies, within the processes of unequal geographical development and geographical transfer of value
Uilian Dias Santos, Brazil
- Bachelor in Japanese and Portuguese Literature
- University of Sao Paulo, Brazil - School of Philosophy, Literature and Human Sciences
- Research interests: historical aspects and changes in the Korean Language toward developing new methods of teaching Korean as a foreign language
Natalia Droguett, Chile
- English Lit & Linguistics Major, Asian Studies Minor at Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
- Interests: Korean Language, Literature and Linguistics; Public Education in Korea, and its correlation to improving Education in Chile
Sebastian Mujica, Chile
- Center of Asian Pacific Studies University of Chile
- Korean Government Scolarship Program at 전남대학교 (Chonnam National University, Gwangju, South Korea)
- Interest in Korean Studies: Relationship between North and South Korea (main focus in Sunshine Policy); Democratization
Gerardo Daniel Ramirez Cruz, Mexico
- Undergraduate student at Universidad Autonoma de Nayarit
- Interests: Comparative Economic Integration North America and East Asia
- Víctor Manuel Olea Contreras, Mexico
- Student of International Studies or Relations at Universidad de Guadalajara
- Thesis Project: The Taiwanese Nationalism and its Impact on US-China Relations, 1996 - 2007
Published: Monday, March 08, 2010
© 2014. The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.