Vision for the Future
The Nazarian Center stands poised to become a world leader in the burgeoning field of Israel Studies. We continue to develop new projects aimed at expanding Israel Studies on campus and beyond, and there are many opportunities to support our mission.
These projects include:
- A fellowship program for advanced Israel studies, bringing together top scholars from around the world each year to conduct research on a common theme, share works-in-progress and hold public events and lectures.
- An intensive summer training program for high school teachers and college professors to develop new courses and ways to incorporate Israel into teaching.
- An Israel Studies publication series comprising new scholarship along with English translations of important works originally published in Hebrew.
- An artist-in-residence program bringing Israeli artists, writers and filmmakers to teach and perform.
- Graduate fellowships to ensure that UCLA can attract the finest graduate students to become the next generation of Israel scholars.
- Establishment of an Israel Studies minor at UCLA that will allow students in a broad range of fields to concentrate a portion of their study on Israel.
- Expansion of Israel-related library acquisitions and the Center’s collection of Israeli films and television shows.
Published: Thursday, September 30, 2010
Listening to the Other: Mideast Musical Dialogues, December 2-8
Sunday, December 08, 2013
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Final Concert at Royce Hall