The Asian Business Association of Los Angeles (ABA)
The Asian Business Association of Los Angeles (ABA) is currently accepting applications for the 2005 Scholarships. This year, the organization will be awarding four $2500 scholarships to Asian/Pacific Islander college or professional trade school students.
Each applicant will be scored based on their business interests and/or experience with Asian and Pacific Islander businesses.
To be eligible, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
1) Enrollment in college or professional trade school during the 2005-2006 academic year
2) Good academic standing
3) Residence in Greater Los Angeles Area (Eligibility includes students who attend schools in the Greater Los Angeles area AND students who are from the Greater Los Angeles area, but attend schools outside the Greater Los Angeles area)
4) Received no scholarships from ABA within the past year
5) Delivered completed application to ABA by July 1, 2005, 5pm, September 12, 2005, no later than 5pm.
1) Scholarship funds must be used for tuition or books only.
2) Although ABA does not at this time expect to make any changes in the contest, ABA reserves the right to change the rules in its discretion provided that any rules changes are uniformly applied.
3) The decisions of ABA and its scholarship committee with regard to the application of any contest rules shall be final.
4) All essays must be the work of the scholarship applicant.
5) Scholarships may be revoked if there are any inaccuracies in the Application or the factual material contained in the Personal Statements or if it is determined that the recipient is not eligible.
6) ABA may terminate the contest in its discretion at any time prior to the award of scholarships.
Applications, Personal Statements and any other materials submitted by or for any applicants shall be the sole and exclusive property of ABA and may be republished or modified by ABA. Moreover, Applications, Personal Statements and other materials submitted by or for any applicant shall not be returned to the applicants.
Monday, September 12, 2005, No later than 5pm.
Please download an application form from ABA website: www.aba-la.org
Application may be sent by mail, fax, or email.
Asian Business Association of Los Angeles
1111 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 305B
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Fax: (323) 264-8188
For more information please call (323) 264-ABA7 or visit the
We expect to announce scholarship awardees by September 19, 2005 October 14, 2005. The committee will present the four $2,500 scholarships to scholarship recipients during the ABA banquet on October 27, 2005 at the Los Angeles Marriott Downtown. All recipients will receive two complementary tickets to the banquet for themselves and for one guest.
We strongly encourage students to send in their applications early.
Published: Wednesday, July 27, 2005