CEES Working Papers
CEES makes available working papers from our very popular lecture seminar series. The following papers are available for purchase ($10; Students $5). To order please call us at (310) 825-4060 or send us an email.
From the 1995-96 lecture series, Culture, Religion, Ethnicities - Diversity in a Unifying Europe, 19th and 20th Centuries:
- "The Minority Question: Core Versus Peripheries in Europe," by Professor Ivan T. Berend, UCLA.
- "Religion, Nationalism, and Politics in East Central Europe," by Professor Peter Sugar, University of Washington.
- "Integration with Diversity: Formation of a European Urban System," by Professor Gyorgy Enyedi, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- "Myths and Misconceptions in the Study of Nationalism," by Professor Rogers Brubaker, UCLA.
- "The Jewish Holocaust in Hungary, Romania and Slovakia Revisited," by Professor Tamas Stark, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
From the 1996-98 lecture series, Cities in 19th-20th Century Europe:
- "The City of London and the Rise and Decline of the British Economy," by Professor Barry Supple, The Leverhulme Trust.
- "ROME: The Monumental City in Liberal and Fascist Periods (1870-1943), "by Professor John Agnew, UCLA.
- "SARAJEVO: The City and the Symbol," by Professor Maria Todorova, University of Florida.
- "Barcelona's Folk Traditions in the Works of Picasso and Gaudí," by Temma Kaplan, State University of New York, Stony Brook.