The Roy and Dorothy John Doctoral Fellowship in International Studies
One $15,000 fellowship for 2007-08 will be granted to a doctoral student who has completed all requirements for the Ph.D. except the dissertation by 1 September 2007.
Published: Monday, March 26, 2007
Applicants must also meet eligibility requirements to be an Associate Fellow in the International Institute's Global Fellows Program. Further details are available through the following link: Associate Fellows Program 2007-2008.
Applicants' dissertation must have theoretical or comparative significance and normally will include one or more regional foci: Africa, Latin America, the Near East, Europe and Eurasia, and Asia. Students in the social sciences, humanities, and professional schools are eligible to apply. The Fellowship Committee will give preference to contemporary, theoretical, or globalization topics consistent with the Institute's missions.
Deadline: May 7, 2007 for receipt of all application materials
- Applications and nominations may be submitted online between 10 April 2007 and 27 April 2007, with additional support materials (references and transcripts) received at the Institute no later than May 7, 2007.
- Online application form will be available on April 10, 2007
Applications should include:
- A statement of purpose (3-4 pages), including a review of progress made toward the Ph.D. degree and plans for further study and/or research
- A C.V.
- Two up-to-date letters of recommendation, including one from the principal advisor
- Up-to-date transcript (by mail)