Skip Navigation

German Majors/Minors

Information for German majors/minors about EAP.

Where to go

To Germany, naturally! Check out the following link to learn more about the various EAP programs in German universities:


In addition, the UC Education Abroad Program offers three special features to help you choose the right program.

  • The Program Wizard can help you find possible programs of interest.
  • The Coursefinder database includes descriptions of all courses taken by UC students while on EAP programs. Please note that it does not include all courses offered by the host university, only those that have been taken and submitted for approval by UC students.
  • An up-to-date list of pre-approved EAP courses will soon be available.

What classes to take

All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your major/minor department has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major requirements.

Courses are approved on a case by case basis and generally used for elective credit. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward a major or minor.

EAP Coursework Guidelines for Germanic Languages Major/Minor

Note: the following guidelines are subject to change. Please see your major/minor advisor for up-to-date information.

EAP Unit Limits for Major or Minor

  • Total number of EAP Upper Division Units that can be applied: six 4-unit courses (or equivalent)
  • Total number of EAP Lower Division Units that can be applied: generally none
  • Total number of EAP Combined Upper and Lower Division Units: six 4-unit courses (or equivalent)

Grade Requirements

  • A grade of C or above will receive credit.

German Department Contact

Kerry Allen
Student Affairs Officer
212 Royce Hall
Telephone: (310) 825-1147
Department website

Education Abroad Program