Skip Navigation

Art Majors

Information for Art Majors thinking about EAP.

Where to go

The EAP offers intensive language and culture programs, as well as a wide variety of regular host university courses. The best way to choose is to look over the options and consult with your UCLA Education Abroad Program counselor and your major advisor.

In the past five years, UCLA Art Majors have taken related courses at the following universities, which you may want to check out:

  • France, American University of Paris
  • France, University of Bourdeaux
  • Italy, Brera Academy of Fine Arts
  • Italy, University of Bologna
  • Japan, Sophia University
  • Korea, Yonsei University
  • South Africa, University of Natal Pieter
  • Spain, University of Barcelona
  • Spain, University of Granada
  • United Kingdom, University of Leeds

In addition, the UC Education Abroad Program offers two special features to help you choose the right program.

  • The Program Wizard can help you find possible programs of interest.
  • The Coursefinder database includes descriptions of all courses taken by UC students while on EAP programs. Please note that it does not include all courses offered by the host university, only those that have been taken and submitted for approval by UC students.

What classes to take

All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your major has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major requirements.

Courses are approved on a case by case basis and generally used for elective credit. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward a major or minor. Students can often make changes to their study plan once they arrive in their country of choice, but should consult with the undergraduate staff advisor by e-mail first.

Art Department Contact Information

Caron Cronin
Student Advisor
Office: Broad Art Center, 240 Charles E. Young Drive
Telephone: (310) 206-7363
Department website

Education Abroad Program