Middle East and North African Studies Majors/Minors
Information about studying abroad for majors/minors in Middle East North African Studies.
Published: Thursday, January 05, 2006
Where to go
The EAP offers intensive language and culture programs, as well as a wide variety of regular host university courses. The best way to choose is to look over the options and consult with your UCLA Education Abroad Program counselor and your major advisor.
EAP currently offers programs in the following MENAS countries:
The UC Education Abroad Program also offers three special features to help you choose the right program.
- The Program Wizard can help you find possible programs of interest.
- The Coursefinder database includes descriptions of all courses taken by UC students while on EAP programs. Please note that it does not include all courses offered by the host university, only those that have been taken and submitted for approval by UC students.
- An up-to-date list of pre-approved EAP courses will soon be available.
What classes to take
All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your major has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major requirements.
Courses are approved on a case by case basis and generally used for elective credit. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward a major or minor. Students can often make changes to their study plan once they arrive in their country of choice, but should consult with the undergraduate staff advisor by e-mail first.
EAP Coursework Guidelines for MENAS Major/Minor
Note: the following guidelines are subject to change. Please see your major/minor advisor for up-to-date information.
EAP Unit Limits for Major/Minor
- Total number of EAP Upper Division Units that can be applied: No limit
- Total number of EAP Lower Division Units that can be applied: No limit
- Total number of EAP Combined Upper and Lower Division Units: No limit
- Total number of EAP Units that can be used to fulfill a language requirement: No limit
- A grade of C or above will receive credit.