Skip Navigation

World Arts and Culture

Information on studying abroad for World Arts and Cultures majors.

Where to go

The EAP offers intensive language and culture programs, as well as a wide variety of regular host university courses. The best way to choose is to look over the options and consult with your UCLA Education Abroad Program counselor and your major advisor.

In the past, UCLA WAC Majors have traveled to such diverse countries as Brazil, France, Ghana, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Spain, and the United Kingdom. The choice is up to you!

In addition, the UC Education Abroad Program offers three special features to help you choose the right program.

  • The Program Wizard can help you find possible programs of interest.
  • The Coursefinder database includes descriptions of all courses taken by UC students while on EAP programs. Please note that it does not include all courses offered by the host university, only those that have been taken and submitted for approval by UC students.
  • An up-to-date list of pre-approved EAP courses will soon be available.

What classes to take

All classes taken on the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP) are UC approved courses and count toward your 180 unit requirement for graduation; however, your major has the final authority to determine how the coursework is used to fulfill specific major requirements.

Courses are approved on a case by case basis. Before going abroad, students should discuss with the department advisor which EAP courses the department will approve for credit toward a major. Students can often make changes to their study plan once they arrive in their country of choice, but should consult with the undergraduate staff advisor by e-mail first.

WAC Contact Information

Wendy Temple, Undergraduate Counselor
Office: 148D Kaufman Hall
Telephone: (310) 825-8537

Eveline Chang, Graduate Counselor
Office: 148C Kaufman Hall
Telephone: (310) 206-5467

WAC website

Education Abroad Program