The Alice Belkin Memorial Scholarship
Alice Belkin Memorial Scholarships are awarded annually to outstanding minority graduate students in the field of international relations who need financial assistance.
Published: Friday, October 25, 2013
Alice Belkin Memorial Scholarship Competition for Minority Graduate Students in International Relations
Each year the Burkle Center for International Relations at UCLA awards several scholarships for the current academic year. These scholarships are made possible by a generous gift from Alice Belkin and are intended to support outstanding minority graduate students with studies related to the fields of globalization or international relations in need of financial assistance. Successful applicants will receive up to $4,000.
Deadline for the 2013-14 applications was Monday, December 9, 2013
Belkin Memorial Scholarships will be granted to qualified graduate applicants who, in addition to outstanding leadership skills and academic achievement, demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 or higher grade point average (cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher must be maintained during the academic year of award)
- Currently enrolled minority graduate student with studies related to the field of Globalization or International Relations at UCLA
- Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Graduate students pursuing a JD, MBA, PhD, LLM, MPH, or MA may apply
- Completed Application Form (2 pages -- Download File: Belkin Application_2013-14.pdf) Please write legibly.
- Statement of Interest expressing 1) personal background, 2) career goals, and 3) confirming eligibility
- Current Resume or CV
- Official transcript from UCLA (if this is your first year at UCLA, please include an official transcript from a prior institutions)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (from professors, mentors and/or employers) - in a sealed/signed envelope
- A complete list of other sources of financial support (including TAships and GSRs) applied for, pending and received for 2011-13
Completed applications were due by Monday, December 9, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.:
Alice Belkin Memorial Scholarship Competition
c/o UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations
11353 Bunche Hall, Box 951487
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1486
All applicants will be notified of their application status at the end of the review process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Click here to read answers to our most frequently asked questions.
For a list of previous Belkin scholarship recipients, click here.