Ewha University: Korean Language Program
International Co-Ed Summer School Program
Published: Wednesday, December 08, 2004
June 27- August 9, 2002
Located in Seoul, the capital city of Korea, Ewha is one of the top tier competitive and internationalized university in Korea. Founded in 1886, Ewha is the first comprehensive university granted by the nation and has 14 colleges, including medicine, pharmacy, law, business and engineering; 13 graduate schools, and 32 research institutes. As a research oriented university, today it enrolls over 20,000 students and its faculty are 90% foreign trained. Ewha has faculty and student academic exchange programs with more than 130 prominent institutions in 17 countries.
The International Education Institute (IEI) at Ewha has been offering six week International Co-Educational Summer School in Asian Studies taught in English for foreign students since 1971. Each year more than a hundred foreign students have joined the school from the United States, Japan, Canada, Australia, Germany and other countries. The campus is located in friendly and safe Shinchon, Seoul, a university town about 15 minutes away by subway from cosmopolitan downtown.
- Asian Studies courses in English
- Intensive Korean language
- Small size classes
- Modern air conditioned classrooms and dorm
- Helpful Ewhaian buddies
- Weekly cultural field trips
- Arts and musical performances
- Orientation Trip (optional)
The program welcomes applications from individuals, students and groups from institutions and organizations. Applicants need to have graduated from a secondary school or equivalent.
- Completed application form
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript (most recently attended)
- One letter of recommendation letter from academic advisor, department chair or job supervisor
- Three passport size photos
* $60 dorm administration fee (for students applying for on campus housing)
May 31, 2002
- Application Fee (non-refundable) $60
- Tuition (seven credits) $1,938
- Student Activities Fee $60 (includes extracurricular activities)
- Medical Insurance $24
- Total $2,082
- Orientation Trip $330
- Dormitory Administration Fee $60 (nonrefundable)
- Dormitory Housing (no meal plan):
Double occupancy : $380 / Single Occupancy:$ 460
* All costs are subject to change without prior notice.
Financial Aid and Scholarships: Gloria Hahn Tuition Scholarship and IEI scholarship are available.
Ewha Womans University International Co-Ed Summer School International Education Institute #705, International Education Building 11-1 Daehyun-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-750, Korea