Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund
Published: Wednesday, December 01, 2004
These awards are provided annually from The Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies, established through a bequest by the late Dorothy J. Killam and are available for most fields of research. For more information on the Killam family please visit the Killam Trusts website.
* Applicants must have obtained the Ph.D. no more than two academic years prior to the anticipated commencement date of the Fellowship.
* The doctorate must be from a University other than The University of British Columbia.
* Applicants should have shown outstanding ability in research and wish to pursue postdoctoral research at the University of British Columbia.
* Application is open to citizens of any country. (Canadian citizens and permanent residents may be given preference).
* Preference will be given to people who have not already held a postdoctoral award.
* People holding faculty positions at universities or colleges and/or employees of UBC prior to November 15 in the year of application are not eligible.
* Fellowships are tenable only at The University of British Columbia. This means that Fellowship holders are expected to make UBC their base while holding the fellowship, apart from necessary research elsewhere (no more than 3 months in each year).
$36,000 stipend, renewable for a second year. 10-15 awards are available per year.
November 15, 2000 - Applications must be received BEFORE this date.
Application and for more information
For complete guideline and application information please refer to the information packet available in 1252 Murphy Hall or visit the Web page below.
To download a Killam Postdoctoral Applicaiton Form please review the instrucitons and information on downloading froms on the "Graduate Award Forms Instruction" webpage http://www.grad.ubc.ca/prostudents/awards/fogsawd/postdoc.htm#Award
Overview Applications require
* Research Statement of Intent: a concise 2-page maximum double spaced account of the research to be undertaken during the period of the fellowship * Curriculum Vitae
* Original or certified copied of all academic transcripts(s) and certificates of completion of degrees.
* 3 supporting Letters of RecommendationL From poeple familiar with the candidate's work who are ina position to evaluate her/his research potential.
* UBC Letter of Support from Faculty Member; letter from the faculty with who the candidate wishes to work.
It is the responsibility of the candidate to contact these people to request the appropriate letters be submitted to the department befor the Application Deadline.
The application, transcripts and reference letters should be sent to the department to which the Application is being made and addressed to:
The Chair, Kilam Postdoctoral Fellowship Committee
The University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z1