UCLA/RAND Pre- and Post-Doctoral Fellowships in Health Services Research
The UCLA School of Public health and RAND Corporation
Published: Tuesday, November 30, 2004
Outstanding students and professionals are invited to apply for training in health services research and policy analysis at one of the premier Schools of Public Health in the nation. The UCLA School of Public Health and The RAND Corporation are pleased to announce doctoral and post-doctoral training grants from the Agency For Healthcare Research Quality.
* Pre-Doctoral Fellowship: students must be pursing, or admitted to a Ph.D. degree program in one of the three departments at UCLA: Health Services, Epidemiology, or Sociology. Fellows must apply separately to the degree program of choice.
* Post-Doctoral Fellowship: prospective candidates must have obtained a Ph.D., medical degree, or other professional doctoral degree.
* Applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
* Pre-Doctoral Fellowships include tuition and fees, plus an annual stipend of $15,060 per year, and $1000 for conference travel expenses.
* Post-Doctoral Fellowships include tuition and fees, as well as an annual stipend ranging from $26,926 to $42,300 per year, and $1000 for conference travel expenses.
Dec 31, 2004 (if positions are available after hisdate, the deadline will be extended until all slots are filled).
Application and for more information
Enclose the following by deadline: UCLA/RAND Health Services Research Training Program Application, essay, curriculum vitae, copy of best written work, three letters of recommendation, and application for admission to graduate study (for Pre-Docs) or proof of graduate degree (for Post-Docs).
Students are encouraged to view the format online at: http://www.ph.ucla.edu/hs/training.html.
For complete guideline and application information please contact:
Nanette Ramzan, Student Affairs Officer
Department of Health Services
UCLA School of Public Health
Los Angeles, CA 90024-1772