Introduction to Computers
A curriculum module from Summer Institute for Educators participant, John F. Cooke
Published: Friday, January 28, 2011
Topic : Information Technology (IT)
Subject: Introduction to Computers
Duration of Lesson: 5 Days
Grade Level: 7th Grade
Rationale: take the geographic and political information I have learned about Africa and teach ClarisWorks with the aforementioned information and the seventh grade social studies curriculum standards as a guide.
1. Students will create a new spreadsheet, enter data, set font size, style and alignment, set column width and save the document.
2. Students will create a new database, make, edit and sort entries, move through records, create layouts, and save the document.
3. Use ClarisWorks graphics to enhance the database.
4. After completing a spreadsheet and database students will also be able to locate various African nations and identify climate zones.
5. Using ClarisWorks maps, students will produce a graphic identifying ecological zones and regions of Africa.
Download File: FullModuleJohn-lg-xe4.pdf