Application Deadlines, 2016-2017

Thank you for your interest in UCLA Russian Flagship Program. The dates for the 2017-2018 academic year have not been finalized yet. Please check back soon. If you have program specific questions, we welcome your correspondence at Thank you.

Overseas Programs


Flagship Capstone Year in Almaty, Kazakhstan

Deadline: January 14, 2016

Note: American Councils must receive your online application and any supporting documents sent separately (e.g., letters of reference and transcripts), by the deadline (Eastern Standard Time). Applications require letters of reference, personal statements, and other supporting documents, so please read American Councils' website early and often to be prepared.  For information on how to apply and a link to the online application, go here.


American Councils Summer 2016 Program in Almaty, Kazakhstan

Deadline: February 15, 2016

For information on how to apply, go here.


Critical Language Scholarship

Both a program and a scholarship, this fully-funded State Department summer program in Russia (in 2016 students will study in Nizhny Novgorod or Vladimir) for students who have completed at least two years of language study.

Deadline: unknown but anticipated due November 23 at 5 p.m. Pacific Time. For application details go here




Fund for Education Abroad

Deadline: deadline will be set in the fall but it's generally due mid-January.
For application details go here


Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship

Deadline: early March, 2016 (application not open yet) for programs starting between July 15 and October 15, 2016.

This scholarship is for undergraduates of limited financial means. For information on how to apply, visit the Gilman Scholarship website here.


Boren Scholarship

For information on the scholarship and how to apply, go here.

There are two deadlines to be aware of:

  1. The campus deadline: applications must be submitted to the UCLA representative for Boren Scholarships (Sergio Broderick-Villa, in the UCLA International Education Office) before they are submitted to Boren, in late January, 2016.
  2. Deadline for campus representative to submit your application: February 9, 2016.


Deadline to Register the Flagship Year Program for Planned Academic Leave

Registration of the program may be required to apply your financial aid to the Flagship year abroad and to qualify for Planned Academic Leave.

Deadline: sometime in March, 2016. For details, visit the UCLA International Education Office's website page on non-UC programs.