3 Summer Programs:
Shanghai, China Consequences of the New Market Economy
Paris, France: Global Challenges in Postcolonial France.
New York City: International Cooperation in an Era of Globalization
About the Programs:
- Pre-requisites: Glbl St 1, 100A, and 100B
(Consult with counselor if you have not fulfilled all pre-requisites for possible exceptions to this rule)
- All taught in English (there are no language prerequisites).
- 4-5 week-long summer programs
- Financial aid might cover part of the cost, check with Financial Aid office for details
- 10 UCLA graded units (two classes: Glbl St 110A and 110B)
- Registration begins on November 15. To register, visit the IEO website
Global Studies Majors: Glbl St 110A and Glbl St 110B are required courses**. The optional Glbl St 199 course (Directed Research in Global Studies, resulting in a research paper) offered through the Summer Travel Study program can be petitioned to be used towards an elective requirement, where relevant.
**Although this is mandatory, students who can't meet this requirement should visit the academic counselor for advice.
Global Studies Minors: Glbl St 110A and Glbl St 110B are optional courses. Students may apply the two courses towards any two electives for the minor (Culture & Society, Governance & Conflict, or Markets). The optional Glbl St 199 course (Directed Research in Global Studies, resulting in a research paper) offered through the Summer Travel Study program can be petitioned to be used towards the 3rd and final elective requirement for the minor with Chair approval. Consult with the Global Studies advisor prior to enrolling in this course.