Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani
His Excellency Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani is the First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar.
Date of Birth: 1959
- 1982-1989, Director of the Office of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture.
- 18-7-1989, appointed Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture.
- 14-5-1990, appointed Deputy Minister of Electricity and Water for two years alongside with his post as Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture.
- Supervised several successful projects and developed the agricultural sector.
- Held the following posts in addition to his position as Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture and Deputy Minister of Electricity and Water:
- Chairman of Qatar Electricity and Water Company
- President of the Central Municipal Council
- Director of the Special Emiri Projects Office
- Member of Qatar Petroleum Board of Directors
- Member of the Supreme Council for Planning
- 1-9-1992, appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Kept his position as Minister of Foreign Affairs in the subsequent ministerial reshuffles in July 1995, October 1996 and January 1999.
- On Sept 16, 2003, he was appointed as First Deputy Prime Minister while retaining his position as Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Other Key Positions
- Member of the Supreme Defense Council, which was established in 1996.
- Head of Qatar's Permanent Committee for the Support of Al Quds, which was formed in 1998.
- Member of the Permanent Constitution Committee formed in 1999.
- Member of the Ruling Family Council established in 2000.
- Member of the Supreme Council for the Investment of the Reserves of the State, which was established in 2000.
Visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the State of Qatar »
Published: Friday, January 06, 2006
To print this page, select "Print" from the File menu of your browser.