APPLICATION PERIOD EXTENDED TO APRIL 27, 2018
The UCLA International Institute announces a series of International Dissertation Fieldwork Fellowships open to UCLA advanced doctoral students in good standing whose research focuses on one or more aspects of international or regional studies.
These awards are targeted for research abroad. Applicants must have completed all coursework for the Ph.D. degree and must be advanced to candidacy prior to undertaking field research. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply; there are no citizenship restrictions.
International Institute Fieldwork Fellowship funds are limited and are thereby intended to be used as a supplement to other funding sources. Therefore, the Committee will only consider requests to cover travel to and from fieldwork sites – airfare and any necessary ground transportation only. Award amounts will vary, according to the project and proposed budget, with the precise award amounts to be determined by the Fellowship Selection Committee.
Applicants’ dissertation research topics must have theoretical or comparative significance and may include one or more regional foci. Students in the social sciences, humanities, and professional schools are eligible to apply.
• Applications must be submitted online no later than April 27, 2018.
• Letters of recommendation must be received no later than May 7, 2018.
• Online application form will be available on February 15, 2018.
Apply Online here: https://ucla.in/2E8HbUb
Applications must include:
• a curriculum vitae (PDF) with clear indication of ABD status
• a short abstract of the dissertation (2 - 3 pages; no word count limit)
• a specific plan for proposed field research (200 words)
• an itemized budget for the entire project
• two references (to be submitted online; applicants should notify references to look for system-generated email requests.)