- Worlds at War: The 2,500 Year Struggle between East and West
Anthony Pagden, Author and UCLA Professor of History and Political Science
- Perpetual War?
Micheal Mann, Professor of Sociology at UCLA, and Gen. Wesley K. Clark (ret.), Senior Fellow at the UCLA Burkle Center.
- Energy, Environment, and the Economy (US-China Conf.)
Panel Discussion by Mikkal Herberg, Robert Kapp, Barry Naughton
- The Next Stage in US-China Relations (US-China Conf.)
Gen. Wesley K. Clark (ret.), retired general of the U.S. Army and former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO
- Politics and Security (US-China Conf.)
Panel Discussion by Richard Baum, Mike Chinoy, and Donald Keyser.
- Recent Lessons for the Obama Administration's China Policy (US-China Conf.)
Thomas Christensen, Professor of Politics and International Affairs and Director of the Princeton-Harvard China and the World Program at Princeton University
- Introduction and Background (US-China Conf.)
David Schaberg, Co-Director of the Center for Chinese Studies and Associate Professor of Asian Languages and Cultures at UCLA and Richard Baum, Professor of Political Science at UCLA
- Global Financial Crisis and the Fight Against Poverty
His Excellency Alejandro Toledo, former Pres. of Peru
- Burkle Talk Podcast on "National Security and the 2008 Elections"
Listen to Matthew Yglesias, Senior Editor at the Center for American Progress, lecture on national security and the 2008 elections at the Burkle Talk on October 30, 2008 at UCLA.
- One More Reason Not to Like This Economy
Matthew Yglesias, Senior Editor at the Center for American Progress