Distinguished Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Department: Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Address2: 7400 BH/48-121 Engr IV
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1600
Campus Mail Code: 160010
Keywords: Asia, India, South Asia, Engineering
Two-phase heat transfer, boiling and condensation, thermal and hydrodynamic stability, thermal hydraulics of nuclear reactors, microgravity heat transfer, soil remediation.
Selected Recent Publications:
- Son, G., and Dhir, V.K., "Numerical Simulation of Melting of a Horizontal Substrate Placed
- Beneath a Heavier Liquid," Int J Heat & Mass Transfer 41, 89E9, 1998.
- Dhir, V.K., "Boiling Heat Transfer," Annual Reviews of Fluid Mechanics 30, 365E01, 1998.
- Son, G. and Dhir, V.K., "Numerical Simulation of Film Boiling Near Critical Pressures with a Level Set Method," J Heat Transfer 120 183&ndsah;192, 1998.
- Fotinich, A., Dhir, V.K., and Lingineni, S., "Experimental Investigation of Remediation of Soils Contaminated with Diesel Fuel," Journal of Environmental Engineering, January 1999.