The Affect of Difference: Representations of Race under Japanese Empire
Part two of a two day workshop presented by Critical Studies on Asia.
Friday, December 02, 2011
9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
243 Royce Hall
Workshop: "Visual Representations of Race under Japanese Empire"
- 9:30-10:00 Introduction
- 10:00-11:00 Kari Shepherdson-Scott, "Manchukuo, Race, and the Japanese Resignification of Chinese Walled Cities"
- 11:00-12:00 Gyewon Kim, "Physiognomy, Racial Difference, and Biopolitics in Colonial Korea"
- 12:00-1:30 Lunch break
- 1:30-2:30 Paul Barclay, "The Ephemeral Empire: Japanese Picture Postcards as Sources of History"
- 2:30-3:00 Coffee break
- 3:00-4:30 Discussant comments and Q&A with Thomas Lamarre
- 4:30-5:30 Roundtable discussion with moderator, Dennis Washburn
For more information please contact