Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani
His Excellency Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani is the First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar.
Published: Friday, January 06, 2006
Date of Birth: 1959
- 1982-1989, Director of the Office of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture.
- 18-7-1989, appointed Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture.
- 14-5-1990, appointed Deputy Minister of Electricity and Water for two years alongside with his post as Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture.
- Supervised several successful projects and developed the agricultural sector.
- Held the following posts in addition to his position as Minister of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture and Deputy Minister of Electricity and Water:
- Chairman of Qatar Electricity and Water Company
- President of the Central Municipal Council
- Director of the Special Emiri Projects Office
- Member of Qatar Petroleum Board of Directors
- Member of the Supreme Council for Planning
- 1-9-1992, appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Kept his position as Minister of Foreign Affairs in the subsequent ministerial reshuffles in July 1995, October 1996 and January 1999.
- On Sept 16, 2003, he was appointed as First Deputy Prime Minister while retaining his position as Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Other Key Positions
- Member of the Supreme Defense Council, which was established in 1996.
- Head of Qatar's Permanent Committee for the Support of Al Quds, which was formed in 1998.
- Member of the Permanent Constitution Committee formed in 1999.
- Member of the Ruling Family Council established in 2000.
- Member of the Supreme Council for the Investment of the Reserves of the State, which was established in 2000.