Daniel Pearl Memorial Lecture Registration Opens December 14 at Noon on the Burkle Center Website
The UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations, the Daniel Pearl Foundation and the Yitzhak Rabin Hillel Center for Jewish Life at UCLA proudly present the 2012 Daniel Pearl Memorial Lecture featuring David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker. Visit the Burkle Center website on Wednesday, December 14 to register for this event!
Published: Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Monday, January 30, 2012
Korn Convocation Hall, UCLA Anderson School of Management
Los Angeles, CA 90095
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker since July 1998, began his reporting career at The Washington Post in 1982. He is the author of several books, including “The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama,” “King of the World,” “Resurrection,” and “Lenin’s Tomb,” for which he received both the Pulitzer Prize for nonfiction and a George Polk Award for excellence in journalism. He became a staff writer at The New Yorker in 1992 and has since written over a hundred pieces for the magazine. Since Remnick became editor, The New Yorker has won thirty National Magazine Awards.
- The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama. New York: Knopf, 2010.
- Reporting: Writings from The New Yorker. New York: Knopf, 2006.
- King of the World: Muhammad Ali and the Rise of an American Hero. New York: Random House, 1998.
- Resurrection: The Struggle for a New Russia. New York: Random House, 1997.
- The Devil Problem: And Other True Stories. New York: Random House, 1996.
- Lenin's Tomb: The Last Days of the Soviet Empire New York: Random House, 1993.
Admission for this event is free, however registration is required. Registration will open on December 14 on the Burkle Center website.
PARKING AND DIRECTIONS
Parking will be available in Lots 4 and 5 (disabled only). Enter on Westwood Plaza from Sunset Boulevard. Pay-by-Space parking spaces are available and all day parking passes for $ 11, cash or credit. For a parking and venue map, please click here.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL GUESTS
- Arrive early, doors open at 4:30 pm
- Parking is available in Lots 4 and 5 (disabled only), $11.
- Admission will be handled on a first available basis
- No bulky video equipment or flash photography permitted
- No food or beverages permitted inside Korn Convocation Hall
- All vacant seats will be filled at 4:50 pm
- Details for this event are subject to change.
- Please check our website for last minute details prior to the event.
ABOUT THE DANIEL PEARL MEMORIAL LECTURE SERIES
In sponsoring the Daniel Pearl Memorial Lecture Series, the Burkle Center for International Relations celebrates the memory of Daniel Pearl as a prominent journalist who dedicated his life to bringing joy and understanding to the world. Past guests have included Christopher Hitchens, CNN's Anderson Cooper, Thomas Friedman of the New York Times, Daniel Schorr of NPR, and CNN's Larry King.