Business Conference: Connecting Hollywood and South East Europe (1)
2011 South East European Film Festival Business Conference - Panel 1: Development and Financing of International Productions
Published: Monday, May 23, 2011
The 2011 SEE FEST Business Conference offered a unique platform for discussions on the following topics:
1. How to access and structure financing for international productions, and develop emerging co-production projects involving Hollywood and European financing.
2. Are local governmental incentives the only reason for Hollywood producers to shoot films in Eastern Europe? What local production incentives and co-production markets offer American producers? What role can Hollywood-based East European expat filmmakers play in bridging the financial divide?
3. What to expect when producing overseas including the use of local crews, stages, post-production facilities and locations, and the legal and business practices involved.
4. How to find distribution, pique interest and “get the word out” to both specialized as well as general audiences, and the role specialty festivals play as the launching pad for foreign language films.
5. New technologies, digital platforms, social media; how should you approach digital distribution and what are your options? The myth and the reality of new media and the marketing mix for foreign language films in the U.S. marketplace.
Designed to facilitate and promote international alliances and financial partnerships, the SEE FEST Conference presented two panels that addressed project development and financing, production capacities in South Eastern Europe with emphasis on developing co-production opportunities, and distribution models for niche foreign-language films from a joint Hollywood-South East European perspective.
Panel 1: Development & Financing of International Productions; Co-Production Opportunities
Panel 2: New Media, Marketing and Distribution of Foreign Language Films