Senior Thesis Quick Reference Guide
Senior Thesis Guidelines and Regulations
Global Studies Library Resource Guide
Subject Libarian: Joseph Yue, (310) 825-6151, firstname.lastname@example.org
OUTSTANDING GLOBAL STUDIES THESES
For examples of outstanding scholarship, please review the theses of past award winners, available by selecting their profile on the International Institute IDP Alumni & Current Student Directory:
Global Studies Senior Thesis Award for 2014-2015
The International Institute and the Global Studies program are excited to announce an award for the most outstanding Global Studies senior thesis for 2014-2015.
- Global Studies Majors who have completed their senior thesis (Glbl St 199B) in 14F, 15W, 15S.
- The amount of the award is $500.00 and will be given to a Global Studies major who shows exceptional scholarship in the production of their senior thesis (Glbl St 199B).
- Post senior thesis (Glbl St 199B) on the online International Institute Alumni & Current Student Directory by the deadline listed below (complete first drafts are accepted).
- Send an email to this office to notify that a submission has been made.
The deadline for submission for the Global Studies Senior Thesis Award for 2014-2015 is
Sunday, May 17th 2015 at Midnight.
- Access the International Institute Alumni & Current Student Directory at http://web.international.ucla.edu/institute/alumni. Select “Add Your Profile” (or “Update Your Profile” if you already have an entry), enter any required information, upload your thesis (Step 4 under the “If you'd like to post your undergraduate research paper or senior/honors thesis, please upload it here.” prompt), and submit your profile.
- After submitting your profile and posting your thesis to the online directory, be sure to send an email with the subject “Global Studies Senior Thesis Award 2014-2015” to email@example.com. In the email, please include your name, UID#, and the quarter you will complete the thesis.
Once you successfully apply for the Global Studies Senior Thesis Award, you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail.
Note that submissions for the Global Studies Senior Thesis Award for 2014-2015 after the deadline or those submissions that do not adhere to the above application instructions listed above will not be accepted. Please follow the above directions carefully.
If your thesis is selected for the award, you will be required to give a short presentation on your topic on Wednesday, May 27th 2015 (Week 9) at the 3rd Annual International Institute End of the Year Celebration of Scholarship & Service event from 12-2PM in Bunche 10383 (10th floor).