- From Enemy to Brother: The Revolution in Catholic Teaching on the Jews, 1933-1965
A book talk with author John Connelly, UC Berkeley, History. Discussant: Paul Lerner, USC, History.
- An Economic History of 19th Century Europe: Diversity and Industrialization
UCLA History Faculty Book Talk with author Ivan Berend, UCLA, History and discussant Robert Brenner, UCLA, History.
- The Élysée Treaty: Celebrating 50 Years of Franco-German Cooperation
A panel discussion marking the fiftieth anniversary of the post-war French-German reconciliation by the signing of the Élysée Treaty on January 22nd, 1963. Speakers: Dr. Bernd Fischer, Consul General of Germany, and Mr. Axel Cruau, Consul General of France. Moderator: Ivan Berend, UCLA History.
- Political Epistemics: The Secret Police, the Opposition and the End of East German Socialism
A book talk with author Andreas Glaeser, University of Chicago, Sociology. Discussant: Gail Kligman, UCLA, Sociology.
- Michael Heim Memorial Celebration
Memorial in honor of Michael Henry Heim (1943-2012), renowned translator and Distinguished Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures and Comparative Literature at UCLA.
- The Eurozone Crisis and Lessons from Latin America
Faculty lecture by Aaron Tornell, UCLA, Economics.
- Cultures of the Erotic in Spain, 1898-1939
A book talk with author Maite Zubiaurre (UCLA, Spanish and Portuguese), and discussant Roberta Johnson (University of Kansas, Spanish and Portuguese).
- Too Much Too Soon: The Euro and the Future of Europe
A public lecture by Josef Joffe, Editor, Die Zeit. Discussant: Ronald Rogowski, UCLA, Political Science.
- The Dynamics of Peacebuilding Success and Failure in Bosnia
Faculty lecture by Adam Moore, UCLA, Geography.
- Complex Compatriots: Jews in Post-Vichy Algeria
A lecture by Sung Choi, UCLA