- Underground History: Splendor and Misery of the Moscow Metro
A public lecture by GABOR RITTERSPORN, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, Centre d'Etudes des Mondes Russe, Caucasien et Centre-Europeen
- Oil, Gas, and Environment in the Caspian
A panel discussion
- Beyond Anne Frank: Hidden Children and Postwar Families in Holland
A book talk with author DIANE WOLF, UC Davis, Sociology, and discussant SUSAN DERWIN, UCSB, Germanic, Slavic and Semitic Studies
- French Suburbs and Social Bonds: Between Inclusion and Exclusion
A public lecture by PIERRE BOUVIER, Universite de Paris X Nanterre, Sociology
- The European Union Today: Internal and External Challenges
A panel discussion with the British, Czech, French, German, and EU Ambassadors to the US
- From Communists to Foreign Capitalists: The Social Foundations of Foreign Direct Investment in Postsocialist Europe
A book talk with author NINA BANDELJ, UC Irvine, Sociology
- Euroclash: The EU, European Identity, and the Future of Europe
A book talk with author NEIL FLIGSTEIN, UC Berkeley, Sociology, and discussant MICHAEL MANN, UCLA, Sociology.
- Power and Plenty: Trade, War, and the World Economy in the Second Millennium
A book talk with author RONALD FINDLAY, Columbia University, Economics, and discussant ROBERT BRENNER, UCLA, History.
- Weimar on the Pacific: German Exile Culture in Los Angeles and the Crisis of Modernism
A book talk with author EHRHARD BAHR, UCLA Germanic Languages, and discussant PETER LOEWENBERG, UCLA History.
- Adorno in America
A public lecture by DETLEV CLAUSSEN, University of Hannover, Sociology