- The Crisis in Syria
A panel discussion regarding the current crisis in Syria with panelists UCLA Law professor Asli Bali, RAND Political Scientist Dalia Dassa Kaye and UCLA Political Science professor Daniel Treisman. This panel was moderated by UCLA Burkle Center Director Kal Raustiala.
- The Obamians - a conversation with best-selling author James Mann about his new book
A conversation with James Mann, author of New York Times bestsellers "The Rise of the Vulcans" and "The Rebellion of Ronald Reagan," and Burkle Center Director Kal Raustiala about the acclaimed author's new book, "The Obamians."
- The Struggle for Egypt: From Nasser to Tahrir Square, a talk by Steven Cook, Council on Foreign Relations
A talk by Steven Cook from the Council on Foreign Relations about his new book, The Struggle for Egypt: From Nasser to Tahrir Square. This talk is co-sponsored by the Burkle Center for International Relations, the Center for Near Eastern Studies & the Center for Middle East Development.
- The Great Recession and Its Aftermath: A Global Overview - a talk by Jeffry Frieden, Harvard University
A talk by Jeffry Frieden, Stanfield Professor of International Peace at Harvard University’s Department of Government.
- Nobel Laureate Michael Spence: The Next Convergence: Developing Country Growth and the Transformation of the Global Economy
The 2012 Arnold C. Harberger Distinguished Lecture delivered by Michael Spence, Nobel Laureate and Professor of Economics at New York University.
- "No Woman, No Cry" panel discussion
A special panel discussion from the screening of "No Woman, No Cry." The panel included Director/Producer, Christy Turlington Burns, Darfur Now Writer/Director Ted Braun and Dr. Paula Tavrow from the UCLA School of Public Health, and was moderated by UCLA Law Adjunct Professor Julie Cantor.
- Multitasking in the Middle East: Obama and the Challenges of Israel, Iran, and the Arab Awakening - a talk by Jeremy Ben-Ami, President of J-Street
A talk by the President & Founder of J-Street, Jeremy Ben-Ami. This event was co-sponsored by the Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for Israel Studies.
- International Online Piracy Panel
The International Online Piracy panel featured panelists Noam Dromi, Dr. John Richardson Jr., Nat Segaloff and Danielle Van Lier. This event was co-sponsored by the UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations, The Generation and the Undergraduate International Relations Society (UIRS).
- Janet Napolitano, US Secretary of Homeland Security
A lecture by Janet Napolitano, US Secretary of Homeland Security and the former governor of Arizona, delivered at the Anderson School of Management on April 16, 2012.
- 2012 Spring International Career Panel
The 2012 international career panel featured panelists Justin Connolly, Dalia Dassa Kaye & John Maris. The Burkle Center and the Undergraduate International Relations Society (UIRS) co-sponsored this panel to provide insight about various fields and professions in the international arena, and to guide students on how to best prepare for international careers. Alexandra Lieben, Deputy Director of the UCLA Burkle Center, moderated the discussion.