- Are Signature Strikes Legal? Targeted Killings and International Law
Please join us for a talk with Kevin Heller, Associate Professor of International Criminal Law at Melbourne Law School. This event is co-sponsored with the UCLA School of Law Sanela Diana Jenkins Human Rights Project.
- Daniel Pearl Memorial Lecture with Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. Secretary of State and National Security Advisor to President George W. Bush
The UCLA Burkle Center for International Relations, the Daniel Pearl Foundation and the Yitzhak Rabin Hillel Center for Jewish Life at UCLA proudly present the 2012-13 Daniel Pearl Memorial Lecture featuring Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. Secretary of State and National Security Advisor to President George W. Bush.
- Intelligent Governance for the 21st Century with Authors Nicolas Berggruen and Nathan Gardels
Please join us for a panel discussion with Nicolas Berggruen and Nathan Gardels, authors of the book "Intelligent Governance for the 21st Century: A Middle Way between West and East." This event is co-sponsored by UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs and will be moderated by Burkle Center Director Kal Raustiala.
- Economic Statecraft: Why Economic Growth is a Critical Foreign Policy Tool, by Under Secretary of State Robert D. Hormats
Please join us for a talk by Robert D. Hormats, the Under Secretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment. This event is sponsored by The Center for Middle East Development, the Burkle Center for International Relations, and the Anderson School Center for Global Management.
- The U.S. Foreign Service: Behind the Scenes of American Diplomacy
A talk by Nicholas Kralev, author of the book "America's Other Army" and former Financial Times and Washington Times correspondent. Comments provided by the Honorable Bill Martin, U.S. State Department Diplomat-in-Residence at UCLA.
- Palestine & the U.N.
A panel discussion about the significance of the "non-member state observer status" recently granted to Palestine by the UN General Assembly. Panelists include Asli Bali, UCLA Law; Steven Spiegel, UCLA Center for Middle East Development; and UCLA Burkle Center Director Kal Raustiala, who will also moderate the discussion. This event is co-sponsored by the Center for Near Eastern Studies, the Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for Israel Studies, and the Center for Middle East Development.
- Public Support for Global Climate Cooperation
This event is co-sponsored by the UCLA Department of Political Science Comparative Politics and International Relations workshops.
- The Crisis in Syria
A panel discussion regarding the current crisis in Syria with panelists UCLA Law professor Asli Bali, RAND Political Scientist Dalia Dassa Kaye and UCLA Political Science professor Daniel Treisman. This panel was moderated by UCLA Burkle Center Director Kal Raustiala.
- The Obamians - a conversation with best-selling author James Mann about his new book
A conversation with James Mann, author of New York Times bestsellers "The Rise of the Vulcans" and "The Rebellion of Ronald Reagan," and Burkle Center Director Kal Raustiala about the acclaimed author's new book, "The Obamians."
- The Struggle for Egypt: From Nasser to Tahrir Square, a talk by Steven Cook, Council on Foreign Relations
A talk by Steven Cook from the Council on Foreign Relations about his new book, The Struggle for Egypt: From Nasser to Tahrir Square. This talk is co-sponsored by the Burkle Center for International Relations, the Center for Near Eastern Studies & the Center for Middle East Development.