- The Regional Context of Turkey's Foreign Policy
A lecture by Dean Ahmet Evin, Sabanci University
- The literature of settler societies: Camus, S. Yizhar and Amos Oz.
A lecture by Gabriel Piterberg, UCLA
- Displacement and Dispossession in the Modern Middle East
A lecture by Dawn Chatty, Oxford University on January 12, 2010.
- Arabs, Turks, and Europeans in the Early Modern Mediterranean
Podcast of a lecture by Professor Nabil Matar, University of Minnesota on November 12, 2009.
- Through Food, Teachers Take Lessons in World Cultures at UCLA
Celebrating 30 years of teacher training programs on campus, the UCLA International Institute this summer dedicated a 10-day workshop to the theme of food in world history and world cultures.
- Changing Religious Landscapes: Why Some Muslims Convert to Christianity-The Case of Central Asia
A Central Asia Initiative Lecture by Olivier Roy
- Shush! Growing Up Jewish under Stalin: A Memoir
A book talk with author EMIL DRAITSER, CUNY Hunter College, Russian Division, and discussant DAVID MYERS, UCLA, History
- Muscular Judaism: The Jewish Body and the Politics of Regeneration
A book talk with author TODD PRESNER, UCLA, Germanic Languages, and discussant PAUL LERNER, USC, History
- Cosmopolitan Anxieties: Turkish Challenges to Citizenship and Belonging in Germany
A book talk with author RUTH MANDEL, University College London, Anthropology, and discussant SUSAN OSSMAN, UC Riverside, Anthropology
- For Prophet and Tsar: Islam and Empire in Russia and Central Asia
A book talk with author ROBERT CREWS, Stanford University, History, and discussant ADRIENNE EDGAR, UC Santa Barbara, History